The museum opened on May 7, 1975. Originally the exposition was located in a belltower of the New-Njametsky Kitskansky monastery which during the Jassko-Kishinev operation in August 1944 was used as an observation post of the Soviet command.
Today the museum is located in the village Palace of Culture, located there after the Chitcani monastery became operational. The museum's exposition tells about the preparation for and the course of the Jassko-Kishinev operation, including participants of bloody battles - the divisions, individual soldiers, and today's veterans.
The central exhibit of the museum is the diorama Speeding up of the Dniester River by the Soviet army around Tiraspol in April, 1944.